Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My life in Vermont


 I live in rural Vermont, my hometown has less than 2000 people! Muscat has over 630,000! That's more people than the entire state of Vermont! So the population alone will be a culture shock, let alone the language, culture, religion, etc. 


      Some basics things about Vermont, there's lot's of snow, maple syrup, changing leaves in the fall and apples. There are five seasons: summer, fall, winter, spring, and mud season. Mud season is between winter and spring, when all the dirt roads have thawed out but are still wet, so the roads are basically mud.


 I live with my dad. I have two older brothers: one has graduated college and working in Washington D.C. and the other is taking a year off to go skiing before going to college in California. I enjoy baking and cooking, running, reading, hiking, and writing. 



  I have lived in Vermont for my whole life, I have never been anywhere else for more than three weeks. So what's nine to eleven months? No sweat! Sarcasm implied. It'll be a grand adventure. Ma'a as-salama!




No comments:

Post a Comment