Friday, April 19, 2013

Before I leave the U.S.

I have discovered the definition of infinite, the time between sending in my finalist acceptance form and leaving for Oman (in late August or very early September). Alright, I may be exaggerating slightly.  I have decided to make a list of things I hope to accomplish before I leave. I'm sure I'll come up with more but I can always make another list. For now, here's my to do list:

  1. Climb Mt. Hunger with my dad and brothers.
  2. Cook an Omani meal (or two, or three).
  3. Spend time with my dad.
  4. Finish sophomore year (counting down, hour by hour). 
  5. Hang out with my friends (even with their offensive jokes that I can't mention).
  6. Read books about Islam and Oman (thanks Amazon)..
  7. Get my driver's license (standard transmission is not fun). 
  8. Run and bike.
  9. Get better at editing videos and vlogging.
  10. Participate in Ramdan. 
  11. Go to the pre departure orientation (Oman finalists unite!).
  12. Find awesome gifts for my host family (maple syrup, anyone?)
  13. Learn some Arabic (hopefully I find a way).
  14. Pack my life into a suitcase.
  15. Have a going away party.

No comments:

Post a Comment