Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years and New Flavors

        New Years resolution: write more blog posts. I apologize for my ridiculously long absence from this blog. The holidays have passed, the exchange students celebrated Hanukkah and Christmas with each other. I expected to be more homesick on Christmas than I was, but thanks to the arrival of a package from my dad and friend, my host family, the other exchange students, and the American family I stayed with on Christmas day, I had a cheerful Christmas. New Years is very underwhelming here. My only celebration was lighting a candle at midnight in honor of my New Years resolutions.
         Truth is, when I get comfortable and relaxed things like blogging and journaling become very difficult for me. Why do I need to blog or journal? It's just my life. Now my journal has been left in the corner of my drawer for over a month, and this blog has faired no better. Luckily, I feel guiltier leaving the blog behind so I'm back.
         To keep this from being boring, and to help those of you that made a New Years resolution to try new things, here's some unexpectedly delicious flavor combos I have only had since coming to Oman:
  1. Nutella and cream cheese (well Puck Cheese spread, but I don't think you'll find that.)
  2. Plain yogurt and rice (this is so good!)
  3. Instant coffee in your oatmeal, especially with peanut butter.
  4. Chips Oman, Puck cheese, hot sauce, and flat bread. Since you can't get Chips Oman outside the Gulf, try: cream cheese, barbeque chips, hot sauce, and pita bread, I hope it's just as good!
  5. Peanut butter covered Oreos in chocolate cupcakes.
  6. Cheese or corn puffs and hot sauce, be very very liberal with the hot sauce.
  7. Spaghetti with tomato sauce and tuna.
  8. Eggs, cooked any way imaginable, with hot sauce.
  9. Avocado smoothie with milk and honey.
  10. Green mango or canned corn, lemon, and chili flakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment