Monday, January 20, 2014

Goodbye Davan

      A couple days ago one of my seven exchange sisters left Oman. It is not my place to share her reasons for leaving, but I will say that she is one of the strongest, most passionate, enthusiastic people I have met. Whenever she was struggling or even when she was crying, she would try to shrug it off and say, "But it's fine." Even when she was dealing with things that were very far from fine. Being an exchange student is hard. There are many things that are out of our control: food, transportation, sometimes weekend plans, etc. I am so impressed that she admitted that things weren't getting better and that it was time to return stateside. I probably would have remained miserable for all ten months and waster a year of my life.
     I would like to thank Davan for what an amazing friend she has been. She was my bus buddy, the sole witness to my eating of a jasmine flower, she helped me when I fell off the bus seats, I was the one who taught her that Kit Kats were an American brand, and I will miss her so much.

1 comment:

  1. Quinn, this is such a sweet post. I can say with much assurance that Davan misses you so much, too.

    ReplyDelete