Saturday, October 12, 2013

A Trip to Dubai

         This week all the YES Abroad and NSLI-Y students had to pack their backpacks and head to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. The reason for the mid-week, missing school, vacation is visas. Our student visas were not ready upon our entry into the country and we had to be out of the country for them to be processed. Luckily, this trip was really fun and provided for some bonding time with the NSLI-Y girls. Our trip included: five hours at Wild Wadi Waterpark, a three hour Dubai night tour, a visit to the Dubai Mall and the Burj Khalifa inside. I learned that Dubai is home to the 1st, 2nd, and 4th tallest hotels in the world, as well as the tallest building- the Burj Khalifa which dwarfs the Empire State building.
         I didn't get any pictures at Wild Wadi Waterpark because I am paranoid about my camera and water.

 Above and below are two views from out hotel room in downtown Dubai, which had a 24 hour Coldstone Ice Cream shop on it's first floor.



The hotel above is the beautiful five star Atlantis which is located on one of Dubai's man made islands.


 Another hotel, one of Dubai's many buildings that has colorful lights.


The Dubai Mall, with over 1,200 stores. I was worried about getting lost in it.


Candilicious, a huge candy store in the Dubai Mall.


I found a friend! 


A view from the top of the Burj Khalifa, tallest building in the world! I was terrified, who knew I was afraid of heights?


After a flight delay scare, we made it back to Muscat on Tuesday night. It was nice to be home, Dubai is so big, with skyscrapers instead of houses, the streets were full of taxis and no one walking. It seems like a city to move through, not to live in. Being in Dubai made me realize how lucky I am to be in Oman.

1 comment:

  1. Hey... thanks to sharing your day by day
    experiences
    of your beautiful trip,its true dubai is a fantastic place and it is a huge model of modernization.

    ReplyDelete